ConCensus in Leicester
The Council of Citizen Engagement in Sustainable Urban Strategies (ConCensus) is an initiative within the EU funded POWER project in Leicester.
ConCensus is a transparent, citizen-based method of decision making at a local level. It is an opportunity for you to represent citizens in local decision making.
The ConCensus group has been formed to discuss the topic of "Your River". The aim of this group is to gather together ideas for how to better use and improve the River Soar (and its tributaries) which passes through Leicester.
Topics that have been discussed so far are:
- Better access to river environment
- Improvements to public open space along the river
- Reducing the amount of litter and plastic waste
- Improving navigation along the river
- Increasing opportunities for leisure facilities along the river
- Improving awareness and education
The idea of "Your River" was discussed at a workshop on Friday 8th of March 2019 with local citizens and representatives from stakeholder groups. The ConCensus group was formed at a workshop on Tuesday 4th of June 2019. However, we need more people to get involved and drive ConCensus in Leicester. Please add your thoughts and suggestions in the comments below, and if you would like to get involved please email email@example.com.
- ConCensus Your River Meeting Summary - 04.06.2019 [Word | 26.98Kb]
Have viewed this issue
Follow this issue
Shares of this issue